A hearty chicken noodle soup perfect for a cold day or a sick little one.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken - skinned, boned, and meat shredded
- 1 Coat the bottom of a Dutch oven with olive oil. Add carrots, celery, onion, oregano, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Saute over medium-high heat until vegetables have softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until onion is translucent and garlic scent has lessened slightly, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2 Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add egg noodles; cook 5 to 6 minutes. Gently stir in shredded chicken and simmer until egg noodles are tender and chicken is heated through, 2 to 3 more minutes. Serve immediately.
- Calories 359.5
- Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Fat 10.3 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 1018.9 mg
- Sugar 5.8 g