- Published May 1st
- Ready In45m
Runzas II (Bierocks) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Runzas II (Bierocks) for 6 servings:
- 1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1/4 cup butter
Runzas II (Bierocks) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Runzas II (Bierocks), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Runzas II (Bierocks) is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Runzas II (Bierocks) within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Runzas II (Bierocks) easily:
- 1 Divide thawed bread dough into 6 pieces and roll into balls. Saute onion in a large saucepan until browned; add beef and cook until beef loses its red color (overcooking beef will cause Runzas to be very dry). Stir in cabbage and MSG, cover and steam until cabbage is wilted.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3 Remove beef/cabbage mixture from heat and let cool. Roll each dough ball into a 5 x 5 inch square. Fill center of each square with about 1/2 cup of beef mixture. Bring opposite corners of dough square together and seal. Place smooth-side-down on a lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and butter top of each pastry as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 371 calories; 15.9 grams of fat; 39.6 grams of carbohydrates; 15.1 grams of protein; 42 milligrams of cholesterol; 539 milligrams of sodium.