- Published Nov 10th
- Ready In50m
Rustic Fall Fruit Tart Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Rustic Fall Fruit Tart for 8 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
- 4 apples - peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup white sugar, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts, or more to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
Rustic Fall Fruit Tart Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Rustic Fall Fruit Tart, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Rustic Fall Fruit Tart is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Rustic Fall Fruit Tart within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Rustic Fall Fruit Tart easily:
- 1 Place 2 cups flour in a bowl. Cut butter and cream cheese into flour using a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gently mix water into flour mixture until dough forms into a ball.
- 2 Mix apples and cranberries with brown sugar, white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until coated.
- 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 4 Roll dough onto a lightly floured work surface, forming about an 11-inch circle. Transfer dough to the prepared baking sheet. Arrange apple-cranberry mixture decoratively on the dough, leaving a 2-inch rim of exposed dough. Sprinkle walnuts over apple-cranberry mixture. Fold exposed crust up and over the edge of the fruit.
- 5 Brush egg over the crust and around the edge of the tart; sprinkle with raw sugar.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until crust is browned and filling is tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Cutting the butter and cream cheese into the flour can also be done in a food processor: pulse the cold butter into the flour until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the cream cheese and pulse until it's the size of small peas.
Per Serving: 402 calories; 20.8 grams of fat; 49.5 grams of carbohydrates; 6.4 grams of protein; 70 milligrams of cholesterol; 137 milligrams of sodium.