Galettes are rustic little free-form pies. They can be easily and quickly assembled and then you can eat them warm out of the oven! Simple, humble, and beautiful.
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crust (such as Pillsbury®)
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- 2 Combine apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Place pie crust on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon apple mixture into the center of crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold crust over the edges of the apple mixture.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 318.7
- Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Fat 15.1 g
- Fiber 4.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Sodium 235.1 mg
- Sugar 17.8 g