- Published Jun 23rd
- Ready In4h 5m
Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style for 10 servings:
- 2 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup (such as Campbell's® Healthy Request)
- 3/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry onion gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style Cooking Instructions
- Cook3h 45m
- Ready In4h 5m
To cook Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style is about 3 hours 45 minutes , and you can serve your Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style within 4 hours 5 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Salisbury Steak Slow Cooker-Style easily:
- 1 Mix ground beef, chopped onion, celery, milk, chopped mushrooms, and panko together in a large bowl; shape into 10 patties.
- 2 Mix all-purpose and whole wheat flours together in a wide, shallow bowl. Dredge patties in the flour mixture just to coat and move to a platter, taking care to not stack the patties.
- 3 Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Arrange browned patties in a slow cooker crock.
- 4 Heat remaining oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir sliced mushrooms and sliced onion in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5 Stir cooked mushroom and onion mixture with cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, onion gravy mix, and black pepper together in a bowl until smooth; pour over the beef patties in the slow cooker.
- 6 Cook on High until patties are very firm, hot, and grey in the center, 3 to 3 1/2 hours (or on Low for 4 to 5 hours). An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 369 calories; 20.2 grams of fat; 16.7 grams of carbohydrates; 29.7 grams of protein; 93 milligrams of cholesterol; 472 milligrams of sodium.