This recipe is a twist on a salad from Giada de Laurentiis.
- 1 pound uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale leaves, stems removed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 3 ounces ricotta salata
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer onto a large baking sheet. Drizzle orzo with 3 tablespoons olive oil, toss, spread out, and set aside to cool, about 30 minutes.
- 2 Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large serving bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Blanch kale in the boiling water for about 30 seconds. Drain off water from kale and submerge in a bowl of ice water. Drain and blot dry.
- 4 Add kale to orzo along with 1/4 cup olive oil, dried cherries, pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Top with flaked salmon. Shave ricotta salata cheese on top and serve immediately.
- Calories 559.1
- Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg
- Fat 23.9 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Sodium 897.4 mg
- Sugar 9.7 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.