- Published Mar 24th
- Ready In2h 50m
Salt and Vinegar Chips Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Salt and Vinegar Chips for 8 servings:
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
Salt and Vinegar Chips Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 50m
To cook Salt and Vinegar Chips, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Salt and Vinegar Chips is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Salt and Vinegar Chips within 2 hours 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Salt and Vinegar Chips easily:
- 1 Slice potatoes very thinly using a sharp knife. Place in a bowl and add 4 cups of water; soak for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally to release the starch.
- 2 Drain potatoes and return to the bowl. Add 3 cups water and vinegar. Soak for 2 hours.
- 3 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drain potatoes and pat dry.
- 4 Fry potatoes in the hot oil, working in batches, for 1 minute. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain excess oil. Fry for 1 more minute and drain again. Season with salt while still hot.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of vinegar. The actual amount of vinegar consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 22.1 grams of fat; 18.6 grams of carbohydrates; 2.2 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 26 milligrams of sodium.