- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In2h 15m
Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips for 6 servings:
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- cold water to cover
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 15m
To cook Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips within 2 hours 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips easily:
- 1 Put potato slices in a large bowl. Pour enough cold water over the potatoes to cover completely. Soak potatoes, gently agitating every 10 minutes, for 30 minutes; drain.
- 2 Spread potatoes slices onto paper towel; pat dry with more paper towels.
- 3 Mix vinegar and 1 cup cold water in the large bowl; add potatoes. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, stir gently, and continue chilling at least 30 minutes more.
- 4 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 5 Working in batches, use a slotted spoon to remove potato slices from vinegar mixture and gently add to the hot oil. Fry potatoes until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes per batch. Remove chips to a bowl lined with paper towel to drain.
- 6 Use the paper towel to lift chips from the bowl and put them into a separate bowl; season with salt. Spread the salted chips onto paper towel to further dry and cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- I don't own a deep fryer, so I convert my cast-iron Dutch oven to the purpose. You can use any large pot for the fryer.
- Try adding different spices: seasoned salt, dill, and vinegar. The possibilities are virtually endless.
- The longer you soak the potatoes the more flavor they will absorb.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the vinegar. The actual amount of the vinegar consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 177 calories; 7.5 grams of fat; 24.8 grams of carbohydrates; 2.9 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 11 milligrams of sodium.