Delicious, chewy, and full of flavor! These salted caramel cookies are sure to please the cookie, chocolate, and salt lovers!
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, cut into slices
- 35 caramel-filled milk chocolate kisses (such as Hershey's Kisses®), unwrapped
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sea salt to taste
- 1 Heat a large, heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat. Add all of the butter at once and allow to melt, stirring continuously, until it begins to foam and turn brown in color, about 5 minutes. Continue to stir over medium heat until the foam has subsided. Remove the pan from heat and continue to stir until the butter is a medium golden brown and has a nutty aroma. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 2 Place unwrapped chocolate kisses in the freezer.
- 3 Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 4 Combine browned butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well. Slowly incorporate flour mixture into butter mixture, mixing until well combined; do not overmix. Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator for 40 to 60 minutes.
- 5 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 6 Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are light golden brown, 10 to 13 minutes.
- 8 Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for exactly 4 minutes. Gently press a caramel-chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie; press slightly into cookie and not just placed on top. Sprinkle a scant pinch of sea salt over the center of the cookies and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack. Refrigerate if necessary to re-harden caramel kisses.
- Calories 184.8
- Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Fat 9.7 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 80.5 mg
- Sugar 12.1 g