This is an easy to make but wonderfully delicious treat. We pack them in tins and give as gifts during the holidays. Use your favorite nuts to top the cookies.
- 4 ounces saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- 2 Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer.
- 3 In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely.
- 4 Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces.
- Calories 150.2
- Carbohydrate 15 g
- Cholesterol 13.9 mg
- Fat 10.2 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Sodium 73.4 mg
- Sugar 11.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.