- Published Apr 17th
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sambousa for 10 servings:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 carrot, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 pinch seasoning salt
- 1 green chile peppers, diced (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wrappers, cut in half into rectangles
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups vegetable oil
Sambousa Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Sambousa easily:
- 1 In a large skillet, brown meat. Remove the meat from the skillet.
- 2 In the same skillet used for the meat, saute onion, garlic, carrot and green onion. When the vegetables are tender, add tomato paste and seasoning salt. Stir in browned meat.
- 3 In a small bowl combine flour with water until a watery paste is formed. Place a teaspoon full of meat mixture in the front part of one of the strips. Starting from the right front corner, fold over to the left. You've started the triangle shape. Continue back and forth (making a triangular shape) until there is no more wrapper. Seal the wrappers closed with the flour and water mixture. Continue this process until all of the ingredients are used.
- 4 Using oil to taste, fry the triangular packages until crisp. Delicious!
Per Serving: 649 calories; 54.1 grams of fat; 28.1 grams of carbohydrates; 12.8 grams of protein; 38 milligrams of cholesterol; 318 milligrams of sodium.