Good for breakfast or parties.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened - divided
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, about 10 minutes; drain and discard grease.
- 2 Spread dough from 1 package of crescent rolls out onto a work surface and pinch perforations together to create a single sheet of dough. Spread half the cream cheese over the dough sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch margin all around. Sprinkle half the cooked sausage evenly over cream cheese. Roll dough up into a log, starting at a long edge; wrap log in plastic wrap or parchment paper. Repeat steps to make a second roll; wrap. Refrigerate rolls at least 1 hour.
- 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4 Unwrap rolls and cut each into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices onto a baking sheet.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until pinwheels are golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Calories 308.1
- Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Fat 22.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Sodium 686.1 mg
- Sugar 2.7 g