Mouth watering, bowl scraping good! This recipe also makes a great dinner entree!
- 1 pound sage flavored breakfast sausage
- 3 cups shredded potatoes, drained and pressed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 12 ounces mild Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup onion, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch square baking dish.
- 2 Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- 3 In the prepared baking dish, stir together the shredded potatoes and butter. Line the bottom and sides of the baking dish with the mixture. In a bowl, mix the sausage, Cheddar cheese, onion, cottage cheese, and eggs. Pour over the potato mixture.
- 4 Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories 355.5
- Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.1 mg
- Fat 26.3 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Sodium 754.7 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.