- Published Sep 8th
- Ready In1h 15m
Sausage Dressing Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sausage Dressing for 10 servings:
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 pound sausage
- 6 cups bread cubes
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 pinch fresh thyme
- 1/3 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped orange with skin on
Sausage Dressing Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 15m
To cook Sausage Dressing, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sausage Dressing is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Sausage Dressing within 1 hour 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sausage Dressing easily:
- 1 Place cranberries in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook just until skins pop. Drain, and cool.
- 2 Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and cool.
- 3 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 4 In a medium baking dish, mix cranberries, sausage, bread cubes, dry bread crumbs, onion, and garlic. Season with parsley, oregano, sage, thyme, celery seed, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir in chicken broth to desired consistency. Mix in walnuts and orange.
- 5 Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until surface is crisp and lightly browned.
Per Serving: 351 calories; 23.6 grams of fat; 24.7 grams of carbohydrates; 10.5 grams of protein; 32 milligrams of cholesterol; 797 milligrams of sodium.