- Published Mar 21st
- Ready In35m
Wonton cups are filled with a flavorful cheese and sausage mixture, then baked. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of green onions, these lovely appetizers will be the first to disappear! Impressive, yet easy to make!
Sausage Flowers Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sausage Flowers for 24 servings:
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 24 (3.5 inch square) wonton wrappers
- 3/4 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
Sausage Flowers Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Sausage Flowers, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sausage Flowers is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Sausage Flowers within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sausage Flowers easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a miniature muffin pan.
- 2 Place ground Italian sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and remove from heat.
- 3 Stir Monterey Jack cheese and Colby cheese into the warm sausage to melt. Stir in salsa.
- 4 Gently press wonton wrappers into the prepared miniature muffin pan so that the edges are extending. Place a heaping tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- 5 Bake 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until wonton edges begin to brown.
- 6 Transfer baked filled wontons to a serving platter. Dollop each with approximately 1 tablespoon sour cream. Sprinkle with green onions.
Per Serving: 143 calories; 10.5 grams of fat; 6.8 grams of carbohydrates; 5.4 grams of protein; 26 milligrams of cholesterol; 285 milligrams of sodium.