These Jimmy Dean® sausage spanakopita triangles are a fun and unique twist on the traditional Mediterranean appetizer. Filled with savory sausage, spinach, and cheese and then wrapped in phyllo dough, they make a great finger food or snack!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 16 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Add sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir with a spatula, breaking apart the sausage until cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add spinach, green onions, and red pepper flakes. Continue cooking until the spinach is thawed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3 Remove from heat and stir in ricotta cheese and feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Unwrap the phyllo dough and cover with a towel to keep it from drying out.
- 5 Working with one sheet at a time, brush 1/2 of the sheet with melted butter. Fold it in half lengthwise. Place a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of filling in the top-left corner. Fold the bottom-left corner over into a triangle shape. Continue folding edge over edge until you reach the end of the dough and a triangle shape is formed. Place the triangle on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- 6 Brush all the triangles with melted butter.
- 7 Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Calories 199.7
- Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Fat 15 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Sodium 198.9 mg
- Sugar 0.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.