Sauteed green beans with onion – one of my favorite fresh green bean recipes. Also good with bacon or slivered almonds.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Fill a stockpot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and 1 pinch salt; boil until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain beans in a colander and rinse with cold water. Blot dry using paper towels.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and shallot in the hot oil until tender and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add green beans, garlic salt, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes more. Serve immediately.
- Calories 177.4
- Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Fat 13.7 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Sodium 350.8 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.