Get to your farmers market now! Fresh green beans are slow-cooked in a savory broth. Perfect for your outdoor party.
- 8 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt (such as LAWRY'S®), or more to taste
- 1 Place bacon in a small pan and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until almost crisp but not fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2 Place chicken broth, green beans, onion, vinegar, sugar, garlic, black pepper, and seasoned salt in a slow cooker. Add bacon and stir to incorporate fully. Cook on High for 1 hour.
- 3 Turn slow cooker down to Low and cook for 7 hours more. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve in a large bowl with some of the broth.
- Calories 109.9
- Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Fat 3.6 g
- Fiber 4.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 1033.7 mg
- Sugar 6.6 g