- Published Feb 9th
- Ready In3h 1m
Scallop Ceviche de Gallo Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Scallop Ceviche de Gallo for 6 servings:
- 1 poblano chile pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 serrano chile pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 pound small bay scallops
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tomatoes, diced, or more to taste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Scallop Ceviche de Gallo Cooking Instructions
- Ready In3h 1m
To cook Scallop Ceviche de Gallo, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Scallop Ceviche de Gallo is about 16 minutes , and you can serve your Scallop Ceviche de Gallo within 3 hours 1 minute . The following are the steps to cook Scallop Ceviche de Gallo easily:
- 1 Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2 Place poblano and serrano chile peppers cut-side down on the lined baking sheet.
- 3 Roast under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard skins. Finely chop the flesh.
- 4 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add scallops; cook for 1 minute. Drain and transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl.
- 5 Pour lime juice over the scallops. Stir in roasted peppers, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate ceviche until flavors combine and scallops are opaque, about 2 hours.
- 6 Spoon equal amounts of ceviche into 6 martini or margarita glasses to serve.
Per Serving: 134 calories; 1 gram of fat; 11.8 grams of carbohydrates; 20.5 grams of protein; 46 milligrams of cholesterol; 254 milligrams of sodium.