Mild oyster taste with a crunch crumb topping.
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 25 buttery round crackers, crumbled
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 pint shucked oysters, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Butter a shallow baking dish.
- 2 Combine bread crumbs and cracker crumbs; stir in the melted butter. Place a thin layer of the crumb mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer the oysters over the crumbs and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Pour 2 tablespoons oyster liquid and 1 tablespoon milk over the top. Repeat then cover the top layer with the remaining crumb mixture.
- 3 Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Calories 394.8
- Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Fat 28.9 g
- Fiber 0.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Sodium 471.3 mg
- Sugar 3.2 g