This is a wonderful pineapple dish to be served with ham. It is a favorite at Easter in my family. The egg whites add a touch of lightness to it.
- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups cubed bread
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the egg whites should form a sharp peak that holds its shape.
- 3 Beat the egg yolks, sugar, butter, and milk together in a large bowl. Stir in the pineapple and bread. Lightly fold egg whites into the pineapple mixture, then spread the mixture into a large baking dish.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Calories 231.8
- Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Fat 9.4 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Sodium 136.1 mg
- Sugar 31 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.