- Published Aug 14th
- Ready In35m
Scallops with an Asian twist! This dish is great served over a bed of steamed rice.
Scallops a la Peking House Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Scallops a la Peking House for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds scallops
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
Scallops a la Peking House Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Scallops a la Peking House, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Scallops a la Peking House is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Scallops a la Peking House within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Scallops a la Peking House easily:
- 1 In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup dry white wine. Set aside.
- 2 In a large skillet, heat peanut oil on medium-high heat until almost smoking. Remove the skillet from heat and add green onions. Return the skillet to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the scallions are soft.
- 3 Add the scallops to the skillet. Cook the scallops for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 4 Add clam juice or broth to the skillet. Continue stirring. Add salt and red pepper or hot sauce to taste. Stir in ginger and water chestnuts.
- 5 Stir in the mixture of dissolved cornstarch and white wine. Turn the heat to high, and cook the mixture until it boils and thickens.
Per Serving: 304 calories; 14.9 grams of fat; 9.4 grams of carbohydrates; 29.2 grams of protein; 58 milligrams of cholesterol; 698 milligrams of sodium.