- Published Jun 19th
- Ready In2h 25m
Scandinavian Almond Bread Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Scandinavian Almond Bread for 12 servings:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Scandinavian Almond Bread Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 25m
To cook Scandinavian Almond Bread, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Scandinavian Almond Bread is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Scandinavian Almond Bread within 2 hours 25 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Scandinavian Almond Bread easily:
- 1 Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with wax paper, then spray with cooking spray.
- 2 Place the butter into a heavy saucepan, and melt over medium heat. Allow the butter to simmer until foam rises to the top of the butter, 5 to 10 minutes. Gently skim away the foam and discard; pour the golden, clear layer of butter through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl to remove remaining milk solids, avoiding pouring any milk solids left in the bottom of the pan. Allow the clarified butter to cool.
- 3 Beat sugar and egg with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the baking powder and almond extract. Stir in the clarified butter. Pour in the flour alternately with the cream in 2 or 3 installments, mixing until just incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 13.1 grams of fat; 31.2 grams of carbohydrates; 2.2 grams of protein; 54 milligrams of cholesterol; 86 milligrams of sodium.