Low glycemic microwave meal.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 ½ cups carrots, in 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh spinach, shredded
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup dry lentils
- ½ cup low-fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- 1 Place all ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir to combine. Cover; microwave on high power about 25 minutes, or until chicken and vegetables are done. Add more broth if needed. Garnish with parsley.
- Calories 359.9
- Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Fat 10.7 g
- Fiber 12.8 g
- Protein 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Sugar 4.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.