- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In30m
Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips for 4 servings:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup sea salt, divided
- 2 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sea Salty and Pepper Potato Chips easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Stir water and 2 tablespoons sea salt together in a bowl until salt is dissolved. Place potato slices in water.
- 3 Transfer 2 handfuls of potatoes using tongs from water to hot oil, cover the pot or fryer, and cook in hot oil until chips are crispy and light brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- 4 Place chips in a large bowl and sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over the top; toss to coat.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of water and salt. The actual amount of water and salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 16.8 grams of fat; 34.3 grams of carbohydrates; 4.1 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 5298 milligrams of sodium.