- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In40m
Seitan and cauliflower with mushroom gravy is vegan and goes well with mashed potatoes!
Seitan and Cauliflower Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Seitan and Cauliflower for 2 servings:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces, or to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch dried rosemary, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch dried thyme, or to taste (optional)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
Seitan and Cauliflower Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Seitan and Cauliflower, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Seitan and Cauliflower is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Seitan and Cauliflower within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Seitan and Cauliflower easily:
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute seitan until cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cover with a lid.
- 2 Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Whisk flour into mushroom mixture using a fork until mushrooms are coated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3 Slowly pour water into mushroom-flour mixture while constantly stirring with a fork until smooth; add bouillon cubes. Decrease heat to medium-low and continue stirring until bouillon is dissolved and gravy is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season gravy with cayenne pepper, rosemary, and thyme.
- 4 Mix cauliflower into seitan; cook and stir over medium heat until cauliflower is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add gravy; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until seitan is softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 12.7 grams of fat; 30.4 grams of carbohydrates; 30.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 371 milligrams of sodium.