- Published Aug 11th
- Ready In40m
Seitan and Cauliflower Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Seitan and Cauliflower for 2 servings:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package seitan, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces, or to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch dried rosemary, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pinch dried thyme, or to taste (optional)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
Seitan and Cauliflower Cooking Instructions
- Ready In40m
To cook Seitan and Cauliflower, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Seitan and Cauliflower is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Seitan and Cauliflower within 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Seitan and Cauliflower easily:
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; saute seitan until cooked through and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and cover with a lid.
- 2 Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Whisk flour into mushroom mixture using a fork until mushrooms are coated, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3 Slowly pour water into mushroom-flour mixture while constantly stirring with a fork until smooth; add bouillon cubes. Decrease heat to medium-low and continue stirring until bouillon is dissolved and gravy is smooth, 5 to 10 minutes more. Season gravy with cayenne pepper, rosemary, and thyme.
- 4 Mix cauliflower into seitan; cook and stir over medium heat until cauliflower is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add gravy; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until seitan is softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 347 calories; 12.7 grams of fat; 30.4 grams of carbohydrates; 30.8 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 371 milligrams of sodium.