- Published Dec 24th
- Ready In2h 50m
Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti for 32 servings:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup chocolate liqueur (such as Godiva®)
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups mint chocolate chips (such as Hershey's®)
- 2 (14 ounce) packages white candy melts (confectioners' coating)
- 6 large peppermint candy canes, crushed
Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 50m
To cook Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti, you need about 1 hour of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti within 2 hours 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Shorecook’s Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2 Beat white sugar, butter, and cocoa powder together with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix chocolate liqueur and peppermint extract into the sugar-egg mixture.
- 3 Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly mix flour mixture into sugar-egg mixture until fully incorporated; fold mint chocolate chips into the dough.
- 4 Divide dough into 4 equal parts and shape into logs. Arrange the logs on the prepared baking sheets.
- 5 Dip a spatula in water and use it to smooth surface of the logs.
- 6 Bake biscotti logs in the preheated oven until firm to the touch, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool biscotti logs completely on wire racks.
- 7 Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- 8 Cut biscotti logs into 3/4-inch slices and arrange on baking sheets.
- 9 Bake in the oven until biscotti are dry, about 10 minutes per side. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 10 Place candy melts in a wide microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave until melted, about 2 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- 11 Dip cooled biscotti in the melted white candy; sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If candy canes are not available, a bag of hard peppermint candy may be substituted.
- Crush candy canes by placing in a resealable plastic bag (unzipped) and hitting with a meat tenderizing tool.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 17.3 grams of fat; 54.1 grams of carbohydrates; 5.2 grams of protein; 44 milligrams of cholesterol; 190 milligrams of sodium.