My mom made this shrimp macaroni salad one day for a picnic and it was such a hit, there were no leftovers and we have been making it ever since. I have even omitted the shrimp at times due to allergies of our guests and it is still everyone’s favorite.
- 1 pound tri-color pasta
- 1 pound cooked and peeled medium shrimp
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup sliced pitted green olives
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Rinse and drain.
- 2 Mix macaroni, shrimp, tomatoes, olives, and green onions together in a large bowl.
- 3 Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper for dressing in a separate bowl or mixing glass. Pour dressing over salad and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Calories 420.8
- Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.7 mg
- Fat 16.7 g
- Fiber 2.6 g
- Protein 20 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Sodium 490.5 mg
- Sugar 2.4 g