This is a simple paella that is fast and tastes great. I even got my kids to eat it.
- ½ cup uncooked white rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 4 saffron threads
- 1 In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2 In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the garlic and shrimp for about 5 minutes or until pink.
- 3 Pour in broth, tomatoes and saffron; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Stir in 2 cups of the cooked rice and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Calories 199.5
- Carbohydrate 23 g
- Cholesterol 172.9 mg
- Fat 1.2 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Sodium 358.7 mg
- Sugar 2.6 g