These shrimp tacos are a cross between a taco and a quesadilla. They are crispy on the outside with a melty and cheesy interior. Top tacodillas with sliced avocado, a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and hot sauce, such as Tapatio®. Delicious and easy to prepare.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 serrano chile pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp - peeled, deveined, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 9 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and place an oven rack on the lowest position. Brush 2 baking sheets with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil each.
- 2 Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet until shimmering. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, ketchup, garlic, serrano chile, salt, and pepper; cook until the onions are translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp are opaque but not cooked all the way, about 2 minutes; they will continue to cook in the oven. Remove from the heat.
- 3 Place 5 tortillas on one prepared baking sheet and 4 on the other. Brush tops of tortillas with remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Divide pepper Jack cheese evenly amongst all 9 tortillas. Evenly divide shrimp mixture on top of cheese.
- 4 Bake one sheet at a time in the preheated oven until tortillas start to turn golden brown and cheese has melted, 7 to 9 minutes.
- 5 Working as fast as possible, remove tacodillas to a serving platter, one at a time, folding in half like tacos.
- Calories 637
- Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.3 mg
- Fat 37.7 g
- Fiber 5.6 g
- Protein 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Sodium 1297.6 mg
- Sugar 6.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.