- Published Aug 5th
- Ready In2h 50m
Simple Chocolate Ice Cream Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Simple Chocolate Ice Cream for 8 servings:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Simple Chocolate Ice Cream Cooking Instructions
- Ready In2h 50m
To cook Simple Chocolate Ice Cream, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Simple Chocolate Ice Cream is about 10 minutes , and you can serve your Simple Chocolate Ice Cream within 2 hours 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Simple Chocolate Ice Cream easily:
- 1 Fill sink with several inches of ice water.
- 2 Beat eggs and cocoa powder in a bowl until well-blended and smooth.
- 3 Heat milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and cocoa powder mixture in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, until custard comes to 180 degrees F (82 degrees C), about 10 minutes. The custard should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 4 Remove saucepan from heat and immediately transfer to sink to halt cooking. Continue to stir custard until cooled; stir in vanilla extract.
- 5 Pour custard into an ice cream maker once it reaches 40 degrees F (4 degrees C). Freeze according to manufacturer's directions until softly frozen. Transfer ice cream to a lidded container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer at least 2 hours to overnight.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 7.4 grams of fat; 34.1 grams of carbohydrates; 8.5 grams of protein; 110 milligrams of cholesterol; 106 milligrams of sodium.