If you like shrimp and LOVE garlic, I hope you give this fast and delicious recipe a try soon. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- 1 ½ teaspoons cold butter
- ⅓ cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons cold butter
- water, as needed
- 1 Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over high heat until it just begins to smoke. Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- 2 Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- 3 Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, caper brine, 1 1/2 teaspoon cold butter, and half the parsley.
- 4 Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5 Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if too thick, about 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- 6 Serve shrimp topped with the pan sauce. Garnish with remaining flat-leaf parsley.
- Calories 195.9
- Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 188.1 mg
- Fat 12 g
- Fiber 0.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Sodium 243.7 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.