An everyday dish from Hong Kong for those who love the taste of soy sauce. Kids will love the salty fried protein. Serve with rice or eat as a snack!
- 1 (12 ounce) package extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Place tofu onto a plate and place another plate on top. Set a 3 to 5 pound weight on top. Press tofu for 20 to 30 minutes; drain and discard the accumulated liquid.
- 2 Cut tofu into 2x4-inch strips about 1/4-inch thick.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook tofu strips in the oil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Stack tofu strips horizontally in a dish with sloping sides, like a teacup saucer.
- 4 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Add green onions; cook and stir until fragrant, 10 to 20 seconds. Spoon green onions over tofu while they are still sizzling. Coat with soy sauce. Let sit until tofu soaks up flavors, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Calories 130.3
- Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Fat 10.8 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Sodium 457.8 mg
- Sugar 0.6 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.