My daughter loves everything sour (vinegar and lemon in particular) so I made her this tart salad dressing with 2 types of vinegar and lemon juice. It goes great with red leaf lettuce or other mild salads. She will eat the whole bowl by herself.
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard, or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Wash red leaf lettuce, separate the leaves, and spin dry in a salad spinner. Tear leaves into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a salad bowl with bell pepper and scallion.
- 2 Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, mustard, and pepper in a resealable jar. Close and shake until well combined.
- 3 Drizzle as much dressing as desired over the salad and toss to combine. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
- Calories 111.3
- Carbohydrate 4 g
- Fat 10.2 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Sodium 312.9 mg
- Sugar 2.3 g