- Published Jul 15th
- Ready In10m
Simple Spicy Hummus Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Simple Spicy Hummus for 6 servings:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon water, or as needed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Simple Spicy Hummus Cooking Instructions
- Ready In10m
To cook Simple Spicy Hummus, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Simple Spicy Hummus easily:
- 1 Place chickpeas in a blender; top with olive oil, lime juice, tahini, and garlic. Blend mixture until smooth. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time and blend until desired consistency is reached. Add paprika, cayenne pepper, and cumin; blend until incorporated.
- Cook's Note:
- Try different brands of chickpeas, as they will yield different consistencies (smoother, chunkier, etc.).
- I use lime juice, but lemon works if you prefer. I put a little under 1/4 cup so it is a little more subtle.
- People tend to enjoy different amounts of tahini, distinct and thick. I put in a little under 1/4 cup.
- Cumin is a strong spice, so try a little under a 1/4 teaspoon first to see if you would want more.
- Depending on your consistency preferences and the type of blending unit being used, you may want/need anywhere up to 1/4 cup water.
Per Serving: 172 calories; 12.5 grams of fat; 13.1 grams of carbohydrates; 3.3 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 146 milligrams of sodium.