- Published Aug 27th
- Ready In30m
Simple Tomato Soup Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Simple Tomato Soup for 6 servings:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Simple Tomato Soup Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Simple Tomato Soup, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Simple Tomato Soup is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Simple Tomato Soup within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Simple Tomato Soup easily:
- 1 Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, water, sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, celery seed, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2 Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender. Reheat soup until warm and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Per Serving: 100 calories; 4.6 grams of fat; 14.9 grams of carbohydrates; 2.4 grams of protein; 5 milligrams of cholesterol; 764 milligrams of sodium.