My mother made this pie several times a month in the fall with fresh peaches from the Western Slope of Colorado, the BEST peaches in the world! It is still one of our family’s favorites!
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 fresh peaches - pitted, skinned, and sliced
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1 Cream sugar and butter or margarine together. Add flour and nutmeg; mix until mealy. Spread 1/2 of mixture in pie crust. Arrange peaches on top of crumb mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top of peaches.
- 2 Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 40 minutes, or until brown.
- Calories 249.7
- Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Fat 10.4 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Sodium 140.4 mg
- Sugar 23.3 g