- Published May 14th
- Ready In50m
Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso) for 4 servings:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons miso paste, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon patis (fish sauce), or to taste
- 5 cups water
- 2 pounds red snapper fillets
- 1 white (daikon) radish, sliced
- 3 green chile peppers, or more to taste
- 1 bunch Chinese mustard greens with stalks
- 2 tablespoons kalamansi (Filipino lemon) juice, or more to taste
Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso), you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso) is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso) within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sinigang na Isda sa Miso (Fish Stew with Miso) easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until mushy, about 5 minutes. Stir in miso paste and fish sauce; simmer until flavors combine, about 2 minutes.
- 2 Pour water into the pot; bring to a boil. Add fish fillets and radish; simmer until radish softens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in chile peppers, mustard greens, and kalamansi juice. Simmer, uncovered, until greens are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any variety of white fish can be substituted for the red snapper. Some people like to substitute fish head for the fish fillets. If using fish head, have the fishmonger remove the gills and scales.
- Substitute kangkong or swamp cabbage for the pungent mustard greens if desired. You can omit the white radish. You can add more vegetables like yard-long beans.
- Water that has been used to wash rice can be substituted for the plain water if desired.
- Sinigang sa kalamansi powder or sinigang sa sampaloc (tamarind seasoning mix) can be substituted for the Filipino lemon juice.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 11.2 grams of fat; 23.6 grams of carbohydrates; 52.8 grams of protein; 83 milligrams of cholesterol; 730 milligrams of sodium.