- Published Aug 17th
- Ready In1h 35m
Skyline Lentil Chili Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Skyline Lentil Chili for 10 servings:
- Seasoning Mix:
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Lentil Chili:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced green bell pepper
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry lentils
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed (optional)
Skyline Lentil Chili Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 20m
- Ready In1h 35m
To cook Skyline Lentil Chili, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Skyline Lentil Chili is about 1 hour 20 minutes , and you can serve your Skyline Lentil Chili within 1 hour 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Skyline Lentil Chili easily:
- 1 Mix chili powder, garlic powder, unsweetened chocolate, cinnamon, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, allspice, cloves, and bay leaf together in a bowl until seasoning mix is well combined.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; cook and stir onions and green bell pepper until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add vegetable broth and lentils; simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in seasoning mix, tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce; simmer for 1 hour more, adding water if chili gets too thick.
- 3 Remove bay leaf from chili. Blend chili using an immersion blender until desired consistency is reached.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you want this to be vegan, use vegan Worcestershire sauce cheese.
- Note, if you're not familiar with Cincinnati-style chili - this is not regular chili. It is a sauce served over spaghetti (or as a dip with crackers or on bread), topped with Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 77 calories; 2.9 grams of fat; 12.1 grams of carbohydrates; 2.3 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 658 milligrams of sodium.