Simple, sweet, and delicious. All the kids loved it! Serve with cornbread.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- ¾ teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Place the onion, green bell pepper, olive oil, sage, and cumin seed into a slow cooker, and set the cooker on Low. Cover cooker, and simmer for 2 hours. Stir in the smoked sausage, baked beans, garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, and garlic, and cook on Low until flavors are blended, an additional 2 to 4 hours.
- Calories 408.6
- Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.6 mg
- Fat 20.6 g
- Fiber 7.3 g
- Protein 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Sodium 1426.7 mg
- Sugar 12.8 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.