Using a slow cooker will create a delicious, authentic dish with very little hands-on time.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix
- 1 (3 pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso® red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, drained
- 16 (6 inch) Old El Paso® flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; add onion slices.
- 2 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over pork shoulder, pressing to coat. Brown pork in oil on all sides; remove from skillet to slow cooker. Pour enchilada sauce on top of pork.
- 3 Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 to 5 hours or until tender. Remove pork from slow cooker; shred meat with fork. Place shredded pork in large bowl. Add chiles, 2 cups of the sauce from slow cooker and the onions; stir well.
- 4 Spoon pork mixture onto tortillas. Add toppings. Roll up tortillas.
- Calories 554
- Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Fat 33.5 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Sodium 1075.1 mg
- Sugar 3.4 g