A great cauliflower side dish that goes well with just about anything. An easy way to get kids to eat veggies.
- 3 slices bacon
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (such as Campbell's®)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, green part only, thinly sliced
- 1 Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Once cool enough to touch, crumble and divide into thirds.
- 2 Spray the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- 3 Place cauliflower into the slow cooker and pour chicken broth on top. Season with salt, pepper, and turmeric.
- 4 Combine cream of chicken soup, mozzarella cheese, and Cheddar cheese in a bowl. Pour over cauliflower mixture.
- 5 Cook on High until cauliflower is cooked to your liking, about 2 hours. Stir in 2/3 of the crumbled bacon just before serving.
- 6 Transfer to serving platter and top with green onion and remaining bacon.
- Calories 242.6
- Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 41 mg
- Fat 15.4 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Sodium 1248 mg
- Sugar 3.6 g