I was on a search for a slow cooker green bean casserole to take to a friend’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. I couldn’t find one I liked, so I mixed and matched and came up with this one! It was so good that I didn’t have any leftovers. Happily fed 8 adults and 3 children. Use different spices for your taste! I added some onion powder and Italian seasonings. After you serve, leave the lid off of the slow cooker so the french-fried onions remaining crispy on top. You could also use cream of mushroom soup in place of the cream of chicken.
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 1 Combine green beans, cream of chicken soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, and half the can of French-fried onions in a slow cooker.
- 2 Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours. Top casserole with remaining French-fried onions to serve.
- Calories 271.9
- Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Fat 16.7 g
- Fiber 2.9 g
- Protein 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Sodium 836.9 mg
- Sugar 4.3 g