Published Mar 5th
Prep 10m Cook 4h 10m Additional 10m Ready In 4h 30m
Servings 4 servings Calories 453
Cooking your rib tips in a slow cooker will give you tender, falling-off-the-bone ribs. Then finish them off under the broiler or throw them on the grill for a few minutes.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound pork rip tips
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 Mix brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Rub each rib with dry rub mixture until thoroughly coated. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- 2 Mix BBQ sauce and liquid smoke until well combined.
- 3 Place ribs in the slow cooker and pour BBQ sauce mixture evenly over ribs.
- 4 Cook on Low until ribs are tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- 5 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- 6 Remove ribs from the slow cooker and baste with remaining BBQ sauce.
- 7 Broil ribs in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Calories 453
- Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.9 mg
- Fat 19.1 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6 g
- Sodium 2060 mg
- Sugar 39.9 g