- Published Mar 28th
- Ready In8h 15m
This simple slow cooker pulled pork recipe is big hit with my family of picky eaters. For a spicy kick, mix 1 part Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo sauce and 1 part of your favorite mustard-based BBQ sauce. You can use a pork loin instead of pork shoulder, if desired. Combine with your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork for 10 servings:
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer
- 1 (4 fluid ounce) bottle liquid smoke flavoring, or to taste
- 4 cloves garlic
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Cooking Instructions
- Ready In8h 15m
To cook Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork is about 8 hours , and you can serve your Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork within 8 hours 15 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork easily:
- 1 Place pork roast in a slow cooker, rub with salt, and pour root beer, liquid smoke, and garlic over the top.
- 2 Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove pork to a bowl. Strain liquid through a fine-mesh strainer; discard liquid or save for another use (see Editor's Note). Add garlic cloves back to to pork. Shred pork using two forks. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of cooking liquid. The actual amount of cooking liquid consumed will vary.
- Editor's Note:
- To store leftover pulled pork, add a little of the reserved cooking liquid and store in the refrigerator. Reheat in cooking liquid to keep pork from drying out.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 27.8 grams of fat; 4.3 grams of carbohydrates; 18.6 grams of protein; 72 milligrams of cholesterol; 1211 milligrams of sodium.