- Published Jun 9th
- Ready In8h 40m
Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak for 6 servings:
- 2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 6-ounce pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as LAWRY'S®), or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, or to taste
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®), undrained
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can sloppy joe sauce (such as Manwich®)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak Cooking Instructions
- Cook8h 20m
- Ready In8h 40m
To cook Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak is about 8 hours 20 minutes , and you can serve your Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak within 8 hours 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Slow Cooker Sloppy Swiss Steak easily:
- 1 Sprinkle both sides of the steak pieces with seasoned salt and paprika. Place the flour in a shallow dish, and thoroughly dredge both sides of the meat with the flour. Pound the meat on both sides with the tenderizing side of a meat mallet, pounding some of the flour into the meat.
- 2 Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the steaks well on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Layer the steaks in a slow cooker with the green bell pepper and onion strips and carrot. Mix together the diced tomatoes with green chiles, sloppy joe sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and wine, and pour over the steak and vegetables.
- 3 Cover the slow cooker, set the temperature to Low, and cook until the steaks are tender and the sauce is thickened and well blended, 8 to 10 hours.
- Cook's Note
- You can do most of the prep the night before, making this a very quick dish to put together in the morning. I cut the meat and vegetables and mix the sauce the night before. In the morning I just season, pound and brown the meat; then put everything in the slow cooker.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 12.4 grams of fat; 24.4 grams of carbohydrates; 57.6 grams of protein; 136 milligrams of cholesterol; 695 milligrams of sodium.