Shredded pork and rice with a Thai flavor. Perfect for the slow cooker. Our family’s favorite dish. For extra spicy tastes, serve Thai garlic chile paste on the side.
- 1 (3 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅓ cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 6 cups water
- ¼ cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1 Place the pork roast, red bell peppers, garlic, teriyaki sauce, and rice wine vinegar in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- 2 Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
- 3 In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- 4 Remove meat from slow cooker, and shred. Stir the peanut butter into the slow cooker. Return shredded meat to slow cooker, and mix with the sauce to coat. Serve over the cooked rice with a sprinkling of peanuts and green onions.
- Calories 432.7
- Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.1 mg
- Fat 18.5 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Sodium 158.9 mg
- Sugar 2.8 g