- Published Apr 10th
- Ready In6h 10m
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Slow Cooker Turkey Chili for 6 servings:
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Frank's® Redhot®), or more to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili Cooking Instructions
- Ready In6h 10m
To cook Slow Cooker Turkey Chili, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is about 6 hours , and you can serve your Slow Cooker Turkey Chili within 6 hours 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Slow Cooker Turkey Chili easily:
- 1 Mix ground turkey, tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, chicken stock, onion, hot sauce, chili powder, salt, minced garlic, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, and black pepper together in a slow cooker; stir to break the turkey into small chunks.
- 2 Cook on Low 6 to 8 hours (or High for 4 hours).
- Cook's Note:
- The cayenne and the hot pepper sauce is what determines how spicy it gets. So start with the little that I recommended and then you can always add more.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 8.8 grams of fat; 35.2 grams of carbohydrates; 29.1 grams of protein; 70 milligrams of cholesterol; 1575 milligrams of sodium.