This is great as thick soup served with French bread or served over rice or noodles. Better the next day!
- 1 ½ pounds sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces celery
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix celery into cooked sausage; cook and stir until celery is softened, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Combine sausage mixture, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, salt, sugar, oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic powder in a slow cooker.
- 3 Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Calories 389.2
- Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 49 mg
- Fat 23.6 g
- Fiber 6.3 g
- Protein 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Sodium 2218.3 mg
- Sugar 13 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.