- Published Apr 17th
Smoked Paprika Goulash for the Slow Cooker Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Smoked Paprika Goulash for the Slow Cooker for 8 servings:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 8 sprigs fresh parsley (optional)
Smoked Paprika Goulash for the Slow Cooker Cooking Instructions
- Ready In-
The following are the steps to cook Smoked Paprika Goulash for the Slow Cooker easily:
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions until they soften and begin to brown at the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker. Cover and set cooker to Low.
- 2 Mix together paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss the meat cubes in the paprika mixture until evenly coated.
- 3 Heat one tablespoon of the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Put a third of the beef cubes into the skillet and cook until nicely browned on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker. Pour 2 tablespoons of water into the skillet and scrape the browned bits from the pan; pour liquid into the slow cooker. This prevents the paprika from burning when you brown the next batches of beef. Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the next batch the same way; repeat for the third batch.
- 4 Stir the tomato paste and the rest of the water into the slow cooker; cover. Cook on High for 4 to 5 hours (or on Low for 6 to 9 hours).
- 5 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the egg noodles, and cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the noodles have cooked through, but are still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- 6 Serve goulash over noodles with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of parsley.
- Cook's Note
- To prepare a day in advance, transfer the goulash to a pot after cooking in the slow cooker and refrigerate overnight. Reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat until goulash comes to a low simmer, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 642 calories; 28 grams of fat; 38 grams of carbohydrates; 59.1 grams of protein; 182 milligrams of cholesterol; 795 milligrams of sodium.